The ATLAS experiment, a collaboration of some 3000 physicists from all over the globe, is working to understand the fundamental nature of matter by observing the proton collisions of the LHC. Current work on the ATLAS experiment at UCT includes contributions to the search for the Higgs boson and searching for a class of proton collisions known as ‘exclusive’ interactions.
Recent publications include:
- Observation of an Excess of Events in the Search for the Standard Model Higgs boson with the ATLAS detector at the LHC
- Search for the Standard Model Higgs boson in the diphoton decay channel
- Performance of the ATLAS Trigger System in 2010
- Measurement of the inclusive isolated prompt photon cross section
- Expected Performance of the ATLAS Experiment (‘CSC Book’)
For more information about ATLAS at UCT, contact: Sahal Yacoob